Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Close call



Oh boy today was one of those days!! Rex has been a royal pain in the you know what lately and today he woke up with a stuffy nose, so we are hoping that is why he has been ownery. Anyway so today I was in the garage painting a dresser and he was right outside the back garage door playing with his Shrek toys. So I decide to water the garden and as I watering I kept checking on him since he was around the corner, but literally 15 feet away. Well next thing I know he is gone, not surprising since he always is running off, but he never gets far and it had only been a minute. So I go looking for him and I can't find him anywhere. I go inside to see if he had gone in there. Mark hadn't seen him and so he comes out to help me. After looking all around the house, in the house, and in the garage we start freaking out. Mark takes the car and starts driving around the neighborhood. I went next door to see if they had seen him since he LOVES our next door neighbors but they hadn't either. So at this point I have about 5 neighbors helping me and I am balling as visions of my son being kidnapped and us appearing on the evening news are flashing through my head. Suddenly both Mark and I(with some divine help I believe) both asked VeAnne our next door neighbor to go look through her house since he loves them so much. Sure enough he had walked into their house undetected, grabbed the cat, and shut himself in Ethan's (8 year old boy) room! I hugged him and then felt like beating him!! Instead I set him down and tried to explain to a 2 year old why it is not ok to run off without mommy or daddy. Not sure he got it but he did seem to feel bad that I was crying. It really made me realize how much I love my boys and how devastated I would be if something happened to one of them. It also made me realize that we need to get our fence finished! Anyway all is well, just got our blood pressure rising.

I also have to show some pictures of Sam's cute seat I bought him. It is so cool, it allows a 3 month old to sit up unassisted, he looks so stinkin cute in it, I have been constantly taking pictures!



I LOVE MY BOYS!!

No comments: