Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A 4 year olds view

Lately Rex has been a little sensitive and has said some funny and sweet things I want to record.
He is really sensitive about Jesus lately and gets upset that he died. It's sweet but a little odd to me since it just seems like lately this has bothered him. I am not sure if he had a Primary lesson about it or what. The other night he just started bawling over the fact that Jesus had to die, it was so sweet yet so sad all at the same time. We try to explain that he lives in our hearts and can always be with us, but of course that kind of reasoning goes completely over a 4 year old's head. The next day after he was crying, the sky was beautiful, blue and there were no clouds. We were driving along and Rex suddenly got really concerned that there were no clouds. I couldn't figure out why until he said, "Mom if there are no clouds where is Jesus living?" So sweet he thinks he lives on a cloud! I explained that Jesus is far above the clouds, but he searched until he finally found one little cloud and decided that's where Jesus is. I guess seeing a cloud makes more sense than imagining where Jesus is.

Tonight as I was putting Rex down for bed he suddenly hugged me and said, "Mom, I want to marry you." This isn't the first time he has said that, so it wasn't new but it tugs at my heart every time! I told him again that I can't marry him because I am married to Daddy and it's illegal to marry your child! He didn't like that answer and said, "Well, who am I supposed to marry than!" I told him he would find some sweet, nice kind girl when he was an adult to marry, but he didn't like that answer either. "Mom, what 4 year old girls can I marry?" Oh boy! My 4 year old already wants to get married!

And last, we are going to start trying for another baby soon and we have talked to the kids a little bit about it. I have asked them if they want a baby brother or a sister and both of them want a sister. Mark thinks I have brainwashed them, but honestly I haven't! However, Rex doesn't want to just have one baby sister, he wants to have two at a time!! Here's to hoping that wish doesn't come true!

I love my Rex.

5 comments:

Amanda Warren said...

Very sweet, Michelle.

Dinger said...

Cute photo, almost GQ like. Cute stories. "Up" was so cute. I started to tell Dan the story line and got all choked up about it, I think we will be adding it to our DVD collection. I think I'm going to the Zoo Thursday morning before it gets hot. . .wanna come? You might be too busy preparing for that evening, but it might be fun.

BTW, your story about Rex wanting to marry you remined me of something Zach said last week. He said that he hopes his Dad doesn't die, but if he did it would open up the option for him to marry me. . .a little creepy but sweet all in one, wouldn't you say?

Jessica said...

Rex is Awesome! I love the little quirky things kids say.

Kellie said...

That kid is hilarious, his concern for Jesus dying and where he was living. Everyone needs to be looked out for. :) And getting married to you? so funny.

Kim said...

Those are such cute litte thoughts that Rex has had especially about Jesus. I am cracking up about the baby thing. Where do kids come up with this stuff.