Sunday, August 2, 2009

Island Park

This is the one my mom has been waiting for and bugging me to post so here ya go mom! Do I get a comment from you now? :)
Island Park, oh how I love thee. Seriously, one of the greatest places on earth. This was the last leg of our trip and capped it off wonderfully. I had a couple of firsts this time even though I have been there a million times. I saw my first Yellowstone IMAX, (I know crazy that I have never done that!) and we visited Wade Lake about 45 minutes away in Montana. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! Probably the prettiest little lake I have been to. The kids had an absolute blast playing in the water, riding in the canoes and catching Crawdads. Sunday I had a 3 hour nap, another one of my favorite things to do there and we took a great little hike on the Coffee pot trail. So pretty. My spirits and mind were rejuvenated and I was ready to tackle the rest of the summer. Thanks mom and Dave and Uncle Steve and Aunt Michelle for letting us come and stay again!




























Can you see the tetons in the background?

7 comments:

Jessarella said...

Great pictures! I love it there too. Don't you know by now... only Ben and Jess get comments.. I guess they love them more than us ;)
That was our first time to Wade lake too. Isn't it gorgeous! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Jessica said...

I love the pictures. It was such a fun time being up there, Island Park is really special.

Chanell said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. What a fun trip.

Emily Andrus said...

Ok, just when I was getting comfortable here in the East you go publishing two posts of the beautiful mountain west! I love Jackson and Island Park. I agree, the beauty of the mountains never gets old. What fun family trips!

Anonymous said...

NO COMMENT!! :)
Mom

Anonymous said...

Okay, now that I see I can leave a comment as anonymous....I may just occasionally leave comments!! I can't remember my google email password because my email is setup at home to automatically come up on my outlook account....Just one comment....I love the pictures, but apparently you haven't received the memo that you are NEVER to publish pictures of your mother in a bathing suit!
Love you,
Mom

Jessarella said...

Ok, looks like I am the only one who doesn't get comments. I still love you though Care.