Monday, September 21, 2009

Birds and the Bees


We have a few horse pastures by our house and we pass them every day. One of the pastures has two baby horses that seem like they have been little for a long time. I was commenting on this to Mark, which prompted a question from Rex.
Rex: Where do baby horses come from?
Mark: Mama horses, like a baby is in a mommies tummy
Rex: Well then how does the baby horse get out?
Mark paused and looked at me and me, never having been accused of not sharing enough information says...
Me: The mama horses vagina
Rex: (mumbling quietly in back seat) That's gross.
Mark: Yes it is

Post-edit:
Well apparently most people aren't as open/demented as me and don't think animals giving birth is very cool. So in order to please my readers I removed the horse giving birth picture and added a more reader friendly version. Hope you are all happy now!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

HAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

but also, SERIOUSLY on the picture???

Michelle said...

I know. It was between that one and the cute baby horse one and honestly how could I not choose this one?!?!

Stephanie said...

hahahaha - oh, totally appropriate, just totally gross!

Amanda Warren said...

Michelle, what is up with the picture (LOL!)?

Dinger said...

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I am seriously grossed out! Michelle, I have a hard time talking about my own private parts, let alone the rest of the animal kingdoms!!

Jessica said...

HA! Personally I loved the picture but I love that type of stuff, birth whether human or animal is amazing. Bodies are awesome!
I love that Mark cut right to the case and told Rex the deal, beating around the bush is for wimps. You Weymouths are NOT wimps, I am happy to be related.

Kelli and Chad said...

Laughing out loud right now!!! I wish you would have kept the picture up, but then I probably would have not been able to stop laughing! I love your willingness to share Michelle :)

Daisymay said...

Hey I thought the picture was PERFECT!!!!!!!!! For crying out loud, I thought it was actually a beautiful picuture. Man, I have always wanted to see animals born in person and that was the closest I think I will ever get so put it back on

Aunt Chell

Anonymous said...

thank you! that picture was nasty...i threw up a little the first time i saw it :(

Daisymay said...

I really don't get how that picture is nasty. I really thought it was beautiful. The birth of a baby horse all I can say is WOW. It is a natural thing for birth of animals in the wild. People are well, WEIRD :0 lol