Saturday, October 30, 2010

One holiday down, two to go

I know Halloween is tomorrow but I have to say I am over it! It has been two days of Halloween fun and I am all "funned" out! I love the idea of Halloween but for me the execution of Halloween is far less fun when you have little kids, sugar highs, school parties, church parties, pumpkin carving, cookie decorating and costume making. My kids had a great time and they looked fabulous in their costumes though so I guess it was all worth it.
Mark gets 100% credit for Rex's amazing costume. Rex wanted not just to be Batman, but Lego Batman. Like this:

Mark worked hard, stayed up late and made him an amazing Lego Batman costume. My camera battery was dead yesterday during all our fun at the Kindergarten parade, City of Boise work trick or treat and the Scentsy trick or treat. I have to say though, it was very entertaining watching Rex maneuver around these situations. He couldn't really bend over, nor could he put candy from one hand into his bucket. At school as the kids were parading through the classroom, he even got stuck between a desk and the wall!! It was hilarious but he felt awesome because he had a neverending chorus of "cool costume" and "wow, that's a great costume", to which he replied, "I am a Lego Batman minifigure." It was a success so good job Mark!
Sam was a clone trooper yesterday and a pirate today. He was adorable and cute in either and was more than thrilled when Rex's teacher Mrs. Bott let him march in the Kindergarten parade. He had a grin plastered on his face the whole 30 minutes!
Bottom line: My kids had a blast which makes me happy, but if you are looking for me tomorrow I will be locked in a room with the lights off escaping Halloween!




Today this was the girl Rex was smitten with. Right before this picture I heard him say, "Let's just sit down over here for a little bit" instead of running around with his friends. I think I am in trouble.


3 comments:

Jessarella said...

Hahaha! That costume is awesome! Way to go Mark!

The Keetch Family said...

Great job Mark! How fun to make a boys dream come true. No costumes at school here in California.....that was sad. Glad you had a fun week!

Kelli and Chad said...

I love Rex's costume! That is so dang cute. And I am with you, I was totally over Halloween. So much celebrating for being so pregnant and tired :) Next year we will both have 8 month olds to dress up too!