Monday, August 6, 2007

AWWWWWW!

I've been meaning to post this for awhile but I have been so busy! Last Thursday was another one of those days! We had to keep Rex up really late the night before and then wake him up early so that he would be sleep deprived for his EEG. They like them to fall asleep during it, yea right Rex fall asleep when you want him to! So no he didn't fall asleep but here is a picture of his EEG. We don't know the results yet but we will keep everyone posted.

Anyways so then went swimming at the neighborhood pool in the neighborhood next to ours with some friends. Rex is kinda afraid of deep water so he typically avoids it. He had floaties on but he decided to take them off. He was playing in the foot and a half deep water, which is a pretty large area. I took my eyes off of him for a second to put sunscreen on Sam, when I turned around he was standing in over 3 feet of water with his arms in the air. His face was just under the water and he had the look of extreme panic on his face. He doesn't know how to hold his breath so there were bubbles coming up and he was just gulping in water! I ran over to him and grabbed him out but he was still coughing up a ton of water and he cried for quite awhile. It was so terrifying to see him like that. I kinda lost it that night because I realized that even when I am being a diligent mother and watching my kids, accidents happen! Just imagine if I hadn't been watching him! I just felt like that was the icing on our cake of drama this year and so I felt really anxiety ridden and out of control. Mark kept reminding me that we can't control everything in life and that until I realize that and put things in God's hands I am going to be one stressed out mommy. I just don't think I am ready for that yet, I have a hard time giving up control. I don't want anything to happen to my kids and I do want to be able to control it. I know I can't but that doesn't make me feel any better. Maybe one day I will learn this lesson, isn't that what parenthood is all about, learning?

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Hang in there Michelle! I know you are a great mom! I hope Rex is 100% soon.