Thursday, May 21, 2009

He loves cars

Sam is obsessed with cars. I never realized how much until recently. He always points out cars and say, "that's like ____ car". Fill in the blank with either daddy, mommy, grandma, VeAnn or Uncle David. For awhile I thought he was just noticing cars that look like our different cars. It started off with VeAnn's car. She has a Hyundai Santa Fe. Every time we see a Hyundai Santa Fe driving he would point it out, even if it was a different color. Cool right? Well then I noticed that he knows the different car brands. Any time we see a Lexus, it could be a car or and SUV, a completely different color or style and he says, "That's like Daddy's car" since daddy has a Lexus. Mine is a Toyota so ALL Toyota's, no matter what kind are like mommy's car. All Hyundai's cars are like VeAnn's. Grandma has a Honda, so all Honda's are like grandma's. And now that Uncle David lives with us, all Mazda's are like Uncle David's car. What kills me is that he notices the difference between Hyundai and Honda! It's AMAZING! When I first realized what he was doing I almost couldn't believe it, but he continues to do it over and over again. So what do you think? A future car salesman, mechanic, CEO of Honda? Apparently he is partial to foreign models.




3 comments:

Daisymay said...

The kid is a genious if you ask me. :)

Kim said...

That is so cute. I just did a post about Landon and his obessions, is it the age or something? Sam is adorable and so mellow. Watch out though if he is already like this what kind of car is he going to be asking for when he turns 16?

Kelli and Chad said...

I agree with the genius comment, I hope you are prepared for that!! Love the picture of your make up and the toy, a picture really can say it all!