Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our busiest weekend of the year

This weekend is always fun and exciting as well as busy. 6 years ago Saturday Mark and I were married. Yes on Mother's day weekend and also my Grandpa's birthday, as well as my brother Matt's. So we have lots of excuses to celebrate! This year we have Mark's brother David living with us for a month or two until he finds a home for his family.
The kids have enjoyed every minute of it.
Mark and I were able to go out and look at some Parade of Homes and then had a YUMMY dinner of artichoke dip, sushi and some wraps. It was nice to spend some time together. I love Mark so much and am so grateful that I married my best friend. Life is truly easy with him by my side.
Today has been an amazing Mother's day. I got to sleep in, woke up to breakfast in bed and didn't have to make a bit of food all day! It was great! Mark and David made an amazing dinner while I lounged on the couch. I love being a mother. It's the most difficult work I have every done, but by far the most rewarding. My boys are so loving and bright and challenge yet LOVE me unconditionally every day. I love them so much!
This evening I requested that we go up to the river and spend some time as a family. I had a great time. It was a beautiful evening and a gorgeous area! Here's some pictures.








2 comments:

Kim said...

I"m glad you had a good weekend, it does sound like you were pretty busy. Happy anniversary and Happy Mother's Day.

Lesley-Ann said...

Lovely photos especially of the kids. Glad you have a great mothers day. Jess and Kimmy gave me the best presents, DVD's of photos, videos to music with words and quotes, they are just wonderful memories that me cry. Neither knew the other was doing it.