Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sorry everyone

Hey everyone,
This is Abby the dog. Mom told me I had to apologize for worrying so many people when I escaped my yard today and had the adventure of my lifetime! Sure, the neighbor boys should of shut the gate tightly but I know better than to run off. It just was so tempting! Spring has arrived and there are so many sights and sounds in our neighborhood. The field behind our house is full of mice and hawks that circle all day looking for food. I am a bird dog, how could I not enjoy that? I tried to explain to dad that I was practicing my hunting skills but he didn't buy it. The canals are full and surround our neighborhood, I am a retriever with webbed feet, I LOVE to swim!
Thank goodness the nice man who I followed home while he was walking his dogs kept me safe and saw my mom's sign on the telephone pole and gave her a call. I really did miss my family, although Rex wouldn't leave me alone when I got home! How can I blame him though, mom says he said 4 prayers for me to be safe and found. He loves me.
Mom, woke me up to write this because after my 7 hour adventure I am exhausted! I ate a big bowl of food, crashed and until now have barely stirred. Oh yea, I did have to have a bath first. I hate that stupid bath but after my adventures I stunk, or at least that's what mom said. I roll in poo so what do I know about stench?
So sorry everyone and especially to mom who couldn't get anything accomplished today besides looking for me and crying. I will never try and run away again.

Love,
Abby

8 comments:

Kelli and Chad said...

Abby, you are a sneaky one! I am so glad she is okay, Michelle. I have lost Pepsi before, and it does suck. Your post is really cute though, she looks so convincng all sacked out on the couch :)

Kim said...

I heard you had a little adventure yesterday I am glad that she is home safe and sound and I hope you didn't have a heart attack in the meantime.

Dinger said...

So funny that you think of yourself as a mother to that dog!! Cute blog, I am so glad she is safe. Can I start calling you mom too, even though I am older than you?? I promise not to roll around in poo anymore!!!

Michelle said...

Of course I am a mom! Feeding, cleaning up waste and exercising all count as mom activities! So until I do all those things for you, no I will not be your mom!

sandy said...

Poor Abby looks exhausted. How could you possible be mad at that face?

Megan said...

Oh how sweet -- what a good dog! I'm glad that you found her. Dogs can be such a pain in the butt, but that's why we love them!

Shay said...

That is so sad! I bet you were horrified when you lost her. I know how you feel about your dogs. I'm so happy someone found her for you! She is so cute!

Ryan and Angela said...

wow, you weren't kidding. That dog is a handful. But she sure is beautiful. My kids are the same way I suppose. I guess we just love them anyway.