Thursday, June 25, 2009

He graduated!

Rex survived his 2 week stint in swimming lessons! If you don't remember this, you'll wonder why I was worried. Ever since that incident Rex does not like water over his head. He does great in shallow water and even water up to his chin, but when it comes to going any deeper he is terrified. I was worried he wouldn't progress much but I think it helped that he had 2 girls in his class that were totally showing him up! I would catch him watching them stick their heads under and kicking and he totally had to do the same thing. He never did let the teacher let go of him in the deep end, even with a flotation device, but he progressed leaps and bounds! GOOD JOB BUDDY!!! He's going to do another round in August so hopefully he will slowly and surely get over his fear.

2 comments:

Andrea Weaver said...

That's so cute!! Once he gets it he'll never want to get out. Hunter is obsessed!! I LOVE your header picture by the way. Your blog always looks so darling. Hope you're doing well!

Jessica said...

That's great! I wish they did swimming lessons for adults, I miss them so much.