Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pottytraining

Sam is doing amazing with peeing in the potty this week. I really cracked down to do it this week and he has followed along great and is ready. We have only had a couple of pee accidents since last Monday. Poo however is another story. Last week he did good, but this week twice he has started balling and I realize it's because he just pooped his pants. I have never gotten mad at him for it so I am not sure why he is so upset when he does it. He gets so sad and just cries, it's heartbreaking! I think he is holding it and trying not to poo because he seems a little constipated. Anyone have any suggestions on motivating a kid to poo on the toilet? Rex was the opposite. He did great with poo and had a hard time remembering to pee on the toilet.

My poor little guy.

5 comments:

Dinger said...

Jack still can't figure out the poo and he is almost four!! I even went to the pediatrician about it and she claims it is totally normal. Good luck! Have you tried "poo presants?" Or made a "poo chart." The poo chart seemed to work for my other two kids. They loved putting stickers on a chart after the went to the bathroom. After five stickers they got to pick a prize. I don't know what else to tell you. My house is all about Poo!!!!!

Benjamin said...

I would cry too if I dropped a load in my pants, no need for a mother to get mad at me.

Benjamin said...

Has he said that he made poo poo out of his vagina yet?

JaNece said...

Yay for Sam! Max is there as well. I can't believe our little ones are already getting potty trained. They still seem so small to me. I love their little butts in underwear!! :) Good luck with #2. We haven't figured it out either.

The Keetch Family said...

Good job Sam! Austin did pee great, but poop he would hold in a cry too. So he started asking for a diaper to poop in. I worried that would last his whole life, but luckily it was only a couple weeks. During those weeks I filled his diet with high fiber foods and a few times he run to the toilet and didn't have time to ask for a diaper. We were smooth sailing from then on.