Thursday, October 22, 2009

Playing soccer?

Rex had his last soccer game on Saturday. I am ok with it ending. Watching him twirl around, lay down and catch grasshoppers on the field instead of play soccer was getting to me. I have no problem if my child doesn't like sports or isn't good at them, I was never a team sports player. However when he says he wants to play soccer and I spend almost $100 for him to play and all he does is run around and do things he could be doing for free, I get a little irritated. Nevertheless it was fun to watch and I think the fact that he got a trophy at the end of the season will have him begging to do it again next year. At least he did score 1 goal this season and we got a laugh at his victory boot shake on the field...
A typical site, the teams running around the ball, Rex in his own world! :)

Do you think we bundled Sam up enough?

Mark's parents from California were freezing, I thought it was pretty nice out!

Rex's victory dance!

Getting his trophy

So proud!

3 comments:

Amanda Warren said...

Michelle, your story about Rex playing soccer totally reminded me of a Bernie Mac Show way back when where his youngest niece is in soccer or what they call, "bunch ball." Don't ask me what I was doing watching a Bernie Mac Show (it was midnight and I was up nursing), but it was hilarious. Maybe I was extremely tired, but it was nonetheless funny. All of the the little kids bunched around the soccer ball in a tight circle trying their best to kick it. I tried to find it on YouTube for you, but it wasn't there. Anyway, better luck next year. :)

Unknown said...

That is how J.J. played this year. And I know exactly how you feel. Mostly J.J. would sit there and pick grass or plead to be goalie so he could sit there and play in the net.

Kelli and Chad said...

He is probably just too smart for the game!! He is like, kick this ball around, and watch all these boys tackle each other for it....no thanks!