Monday, December 7, 2009

Lost tooth

I know it's been awhile. Not only have I been gestating (yep I said it), but we also spent almost 2 weeks in Denver. And I forgot my camera. That's how pregnancy and Denver are connected. Only my pregnant brain would forget the camera. I am hoping my SIL sends me some pics but in the meantime, I guess I will post about things I can take a picture of now that I am home.
While we were in Denver, we went out to dinner with my dad and Liz and Ben, Jessica and Jack. They love this little mexican place in Golden and it did not disappoint. As we were enjoying our meal, Rex suddenly squealed and had a really panicked look on his face. In investigating the issue, I notice his tooth, sitting on the table and blood coming out of him mouth. My 4 year old (5 in a week and a half) lost his FIRST TOOTH!! I couldn't believe it. We didn't even know it was loose. Crazy thing is, I haven't prepared him for it since he is so young and since we didn't know it was loose that it TOTALLY freaked him out! He was crying and asking me to please put his tooth back. It was so sad! He perked up though when he realized he would be receiving a monetary reward from the tooth fairy that night. I shouldn't have been surprised since this is my child who cut his first tooth at 3 months old. He already has a permanent tooth poking up in it's place.
I am feeling really old.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I am totally laughing because Madie lost her tooth at Applebees', what is it about restaurants? I can't believe that he already lost one and has a tooth coming through, how crazy. I hope he isn't traumatized from it.

Anonymous said...

wow that is fast at this rate he'll be ready for braces by 2nd grade")

Unknown said...

Yay that you are pregnant!!!!! We are just on the same schedule, aren't we!! Only this is it for me. It's so fun to see your family grow. And I'll be sending pink vibes your way. :) And I hope you feel better quick.
(this is JaNece, not Pat). :)

Emily Andrus said...

Hooray for Rex. Exciting times. We got your adorable Christmas card today. You guys all look great! I had to notice that Sam is pretty stinkin' cute. Happy Holidays!!

Megan said...

He is so young to be losing teeth. Have you read him the book "Parts?" It's about a little boy who thinks he's falling apart because his buggars come out and there's yellow stuff in his ears, etc. It's a really funny book. Then at the end he says "What, you forgot? To tell me teeth fall out? And when they do, new ones begin to sprout?" You'll have to find it and read it to your boys. My kids enjoy it! (BTW- if you think you're old because one tooth fell out - I have a ten year old who's on her second set of braces!!!) Thanks for the Christmas card - it was adorable. Your boys are so cute!

The Keetch Family said...

I'll have to try that book Megan recommends because I think Austin would be freaked out if he lost his tooth too! Glad you had a good trip and your Christmas card is adorable!