Tuesday, April 6, 2010

All I want for Easter is a scooter...

Since our kids both have winter birthdays, I am always itching in the Spring to get them some sort of outside toy. However, I hate buying a huge thing without it being a birthday or holiday or something. Mark and I decided we will spend a little less on Christmas and spend a little more on Easter each year. That way our kids won't be getting toys all at one time of year and we can get them fun outdoor toys for Easter. The boys were very excited when they woke up to their gifts. I actually bought Sam's with he and Rex right there. Rex already announced to us all that his Preschool teacher told him the Easter bunny wasn't real so no need to sneak around. I am ok with it, one less mythical creation I have to be. If she had busted Santa though, she would have gotten an angry phone call! Unfortunately the weather has been rainy and yucky (until today! YAY!) so they have been riding their toys in the house since Sunday.


Our neighborhood has an Easter egg hunt every year. Last year we got there right on time and it had already started! My kids got like 5 eggs between them! This year we made sure we were early and they luckily waited for stragglers. It was a lot of fun and the boys loved it, even though it was windy and cold.



I love this action shot!





I loved having General Conference on Easter this year. It made the day so relaxing and enjoyable. We had a big Easter dinner and David and Kristi's house but I always seem to forget my camera when we go there. Overall a great day to remember our resurrected Lord.

3 comments:

Kelli and Chad said...

burrrr, it was so cold! I can see me in my sweater hoodie in a couple of the pictures. I was going to come say hi after, but we were freezing so we left right away. Looks like your boys got a haul!

Daisymay said...

Your blog is so fun to look at. I am wondering if Rex can take a serious picture lol. He is always pulling a face isn't he? That little Sam is adorable.

Aunt Chell

Emily Andrus said...

Looks like a fun easter. I love the scooter idea. I'm happy they got more eggs this year. :)