Thursday, April 29, 2010

Triops

Rex loves scientific stuff so when I was in Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago and noticed these Triop things, I thought they would be cool. Plus they only live for 30-60 days so good for me right? They were supposed to hatch in 24 hours. This is what they looked like when we first put them in.


48 hours later nothing. Three days went by with no action so I figured we must of gotten a bad batch or done something wrong. The next morning Rex woke up and we were getting ready for school when he noticed something and said, "Mom they hatched! It's a miracle!" Sure enough there were these tiny little clear things swimming around. So tiny they were practically microscopic. The neat thing about them is they grow so fast. You can literally see them change daily. Today they look like this.


I think they are a little creepy but the boys love them. We had six hatch but Mark and I may have fed 3 of them to our beta fish to see what would happen... he was a very happy fish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that is some awesome bed head! Never heard of triops but after reading about them reminds me of sea monkeys!