Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1st day of school!

I can not believe I have a Kindergartner and a Preschooler. I remember when my kids were little thinking that once they were in school, life would calm down. Totally not true. Things just get more scheduled and busy! I have two mornings a week where I have 3 hours to myself. Before school started I imagined all the things I could get accomplished. Hasn't worked out that way so far! I am grateful for that time but boy it goes fast and doesn't seem to be enough to really get very much accomplished. At the same time, it's been hard to let my kids grow up. I never thought I would feel this way, but I am so nervous about what Rex will be exposed to, if he will be safe and if he will be picked on. So far, the 3rd week in and things have been good. His teacher does a clip system where if they get in trouble they have to move their clip down. If it moves 3 spaces they have to stay in for recess and the parent would be notified. Luckily, I have had no phone calls! And he has only had to move his clip a couple of times to the first space.
He has had a rough time adjusting to having to get out the door early every morning but once we get to the bus stop he is happy and always comes home happy. His favorite thing of course is recess. There is a girl in his class that also goes to church with us and the first week he decided that she would be his girlfriend. She had to ask her mom what that meant and then told him she would rather be friends! He seemed fine with that but we spent some time with their family the other night and he said she was his girlfriend again. When I pointed out that she wanted to just be friends he said, nope she's my girlfriend. He then said, "I told Lainy (preschool girlfriend) on the last day of Preschool that I was moving on and I have." I about died laughing. This kid loves girls!
Sam was so extremely happy his first day in Miss Cindy's class. He has come with me to take Rex to Preschool for the last two years so he was so ready for his turn. His smile did not shut off the entire day. He is having a great time and loves being with the other kids. He finds it really unfair that Rex gets to go to school every day and he only gets to go two days a week. The best part is whenever I leave him there he says, "I love you mommy!" Such a sweet kid.
Here are pictures of the big first day.






No comments: