Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Island Park- canoeing, trestle and West

Our last full day in Island park was awesome! We started off by doing the canoe ride down the river from the trestle to Mack's Inn. My kids are at a perfect age for this and it was a lot of fun! My mom, Mark and Rex were in the canoe and we tied the blow up raft to the back and Sam and I were in that. I have to say that we got the better end of the deal. We had paddles but most the time we just laid back and relaxed while they did the work! It was awesome. When we were done the boys wanted to go back to the trestle and jump off. Their cousins Jaxon and Josselyn had been up here the week before and jumped off and I showed then the pictures. They are younger than both my boys and I think that Rex didn't want to be show up by a couple of 3 year olds. I wasn't sure they would do it but they surprised me! Unfortunately Mark left the camera so I didn't get any pictures! I was so dissapointed because it was amazing! They both did it with Daddy in the water to catch them. It's about 14 feet from the point they jumped off of to the water. Crazy thing is they both wanted to do it again, even though the water is 56 degrees! So, they both jumped twice and were so proud of themselves, as was I. I added a picture of the trestle so you can see just what a feat this was.




After we got cleaned up we headed over to West Yellowstone to walk around and get some dinner. Such a fun town and the boys each got to pick a souvenir from grandma. Such a fun trip as always! Can't wait until next year!





1 comment:

Kelli and Chad said...

You did a great job with the pictures! Your boys are getting so big, I can't believe it. We need to stow away with you to Island park one of these days. So fun!! I am glad it was a great time for you all.