Saturday, September 25, 2010

Peaches

You want to know what our September was spent doing?
Picking and preserving peaches, peaches and more peaches.
Next time I will remember there are probably more than I think there are while we are picking.
With all this next time won't happen for 2 years!
Strawberry peach jam


Good thing they are SOOOOOO yummy!
The church has an amazing orchard here in ID where you go pick for the church and then you can pick all you want for yourself for $.23 a pound! This year, volunteers picked 630,000 pounds of peaches for the church cannery! It's a pretty amazing system. We had a great time. I didn't take a camera to the orchard, so I stole a picture off their site. Next up is apples but I think I am too spent to do anymore of those!

1 comment:

Greta said...

You have a beautiful family. I just read your comment on the Cragun's blog and saw that you have 2 beautiful boys, have lost one and are expecting your 4th. Congratulations! Though I haven't lost a baby, I totally understand the desire to have one of another gender, yet feeling guilty for the desire. I actually wrote about the same thing on my mommy blog...
http://transparenciesofmotherhood.blogspot.com/2010/09/transparent-moment-gender-envy.html

Congratulations again!