Saturday, January 22, 2011

What a difference a year makes

A year ago (Jan 21st) we gave birth to a little boy that never got to live. He changed our lives and will forever be a part of our family. I tell people I have 3 boys, but in my head I think 4. It's just easier to say 3 and not have to explain and endure the awkward silence that follows. But Jacob is a part of our family and our two oldest boys are very much aware of that.
Because of this as I was making new stockings this year, I included one for Jacob. I decided we will put a new angel ornament in it each year. I love the first one, it feels like exactly what he may be doing.
We thought we might go to the cemetery on the one year anniversary but that day was yucky and rainy. Besides we have a one month old who has left us very much sleep deprived. It's ok though, I know Jacob understands. I am sure he and Oliver were tight up there in heaven this last year. I am so grateful for both of these precious babies.


3 comments:

Dinger said...

I have been thinking of you all week. I guess I am not a very good friend for not calling. I love you and hope February is a better month for you and your boys. . .all of them!!!

Adri said...

WOW, that makes me cry...I am having a hard time latley...We never saw out baby girl at 21 weeks when we lost her (Jan 20th 2010) and we also never got her a grave stone, so it is all very sureal..I also think it would be too painful for my hubby to get her a stocking...We do talk about her/it, but he doesn't like too...I think her being a girl makes it even harder...We LOVE our new baby boy, but he will never replace her and we were SOOO excited to find out she was a she and then 3 weeks later she was taken from us...Anywho, sorry to vent on your board!

Kim said...

You guys have had a year of changes. I think your new traditions are a very good way of always remember your sweet baby Jacob, and I am so happy to see another sweet sweet baby in your family on this year anniversary.