Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1st day of Preschool

Rex started Preschool! I can hardly believe he is old enough. I actually could have waited until next year to start him since he won't be in Kindergarten until 2010, but he is almost 4 and was so excited to go to school, so he will do 2 years of Preschool. I was able to get him into the school that I have heard so much about since moving here and so far I am really impressed. He has a super cute teacher who seems really nice and he is comfortable with already. The room is set up really cute, they even have a pet beta fish, which Rex was pretty excited about. He seemed a little bit nervous about me leaving him there this week but when I went and dropped him off he started playing and barely noticed that I left. It was the same thing when I came and picked him up like, "oh hey mom". As we were walking out he asked if we could come back to school later. I wish buddy! He will be going 2 days a week, Tuesday and Thursday, from 9-12. I am excited for him and also excited to spend some one on one time with Sammy. His favorite thing about school was painting a picture. He also has been practicing his name and had to write it on a picture he colored. I'll show a picture of that below. Here are pictures of his first day.
In front of the house, ready to go

The school in the background, he wouldn't look up because of the sun

Being silly

In front of the pet beta with his 2 favorite toys

Just had to add this one because it is cute

Writing his name. The letters are a bit out of order, but at least they are all there!

Sam had his 18 month well check today. He is looking great, around 50% for both height and weight, and a 90% head. My boys have such big heads. The nurse was super impressed with his talking skills after he pointed out all the vehicles on a puzzle. There was a bus, car, truck, boat, airplane and helicopter. Yes, my 18 month old can say helicopter!! He enjoyed the visit until he had his one immunization that I would allow them to do (we do a delayed schedule). He wasn't so fond of the nurse after that. Luckily the sucker afterward made it all better! He is such a big boy, here are some pics of him.
Making a silly face

Riding in the car

10 comments:

Dinger said...

Rex looks so old! I can't beleive he and Jack will actually be in Kindergarten the same year! Rex seems very mature (most of the time. hee! hee!). In my opinion... Boys with big heads will make great football players--yeah Sammy! I can just imagine his name on the back of a jersery now! Cute boys.

Jill said...

Milestones! I sent my oldest to First Grade (all day!) and my second to Kindergarten. Let's just say there were tears this morning....:) So fun. Your boys are darling!

Kim said...

So glad that he liked it and wasn't scared. I too think that it's nice to be able to have one on one time with my other children considering how much one on one time the first child gets. I hope he keeps having a fun time and learning lots.

Megan said...

They grow up so fast. I feel like Emma should just be starting preschool, not 4th grade! Enjoy every minute of it! I didn't realize that Rex and Eli were the same age. Rex just seems so much older. Must be the oldest vs. youngest thing!

Ryan and Angela said...

Rex looks so grown up in that little outfit you have for his first day of preschool. I bet you love the break during the day. I sure love mine from Brandon. he is a much happier kid when he is home.

Anonymous said...

Wow so grown up! I bet Rex is glad he has a short name to learn. Those poor kids with the long names. How nice to just get to spend time with Sam twice a week!

Andrea said...

I am glad he is loving preschool, he looks adorable on his first day. I think he is in for a great year.

Bell Blog said...

Holy Crap! I thought Avery could talk, that is really cute! So excited for Rex going to school!

Lesley-Ann said...

It only seems 5 minutes that he was the baby and Jess and Ben's wedding, how time flies, before you know it he will be at school full time.

Teagan said...

they are growing up so fast!!!