Sunday, August 24, 2008

Zoo

Mark went on a mens camping/fishing trip with friends from work this weekend so the boys and I were on our own. I typically am able to deal with the demands of single parenthood when I plan lots of activities so I wear the boys out and they sleep well. Friday night we spent some time at the mall and the grocery store and then Saturday we got up and headed to the zoo. We had a great time at the zoo, both my boys just love animals. Although Rex did notice that our little Boise zoo isn't quite as large as the LA zoo we went to in May! They are actually working on a Africa exhibit so next year it should be even better. Our highlights were the penguins who were actively swimming, the HUGE tiger who was pacing right past the window, the meerkats and the Gibbon monkeys who were playing and goofing around. We got lunch at the end and as we were getting ready to eat, this huge goose came and started begging for food. I am usually pretty wary of geese because they can be pretty mean but this one was actually really friendly and gave some pretty good begging eyes. It kept Rex thoroughly entertained.


Saturday night I decided to get a babysitter and go out with my friend VeAnne. We got some frozen yogurt, did a little shopping and went to a movie. There weren't any good movies playing so we saw House Bunny. Sometimes a bit inappropriate but pretty funny all the same. It was nice to have a little break. Unfortunately Sam is going through a pretty clingy, mom stage and so he is a bit of a pain for the babysitters since he whines for mommy half the time. Hopefully he will grow out of it, yet at the same time it's kind of sweet that he likes me so much.
Sunday I got up, got ready and the boys and I went to church on our own. Not an experience I care to repeat. Good thing we were in the very back row and that the exit was a quick step away. But thank goodness for Primary and nursery. Sam is officially 18 months tomorrow!! WOW, time flies! At this age with Rex I had just gotten pregnant. Let me just say, that ain't happenin any time soon!!!

1 comment:

Dinger said...

Sounds like you kept super busy!! Sorry I missed out on Saturday, but I am doing much better today. I bet you are enjoying preschool as much as Rex. See ya tonight!