Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to the Twin Falls temple open house. I thought it was next weekend that we had tickets but realized a few days ago that it was this weekend. I had a girls night planned for Friday night (thanks girls for the awesome, fun and stress relieving night! I LOVE you guys!) and Mark was going fishing all day Friday so we decided just to make it a day trip. We got there at around 11:30 and headed straight for the temple. I didn't plan it very well and didn't realize how busy it would be so unfortunately the kids were hungry and tired but they survived. Rex was really excited to go inside a temple since he has never been able to and Sam even said, "temble!!" as we walked up to it. It is a beautiful temple and it was so neat to experience that with the boys. It was especially fun to have my grandpa there since I know how excited he is to finally have a temple in his town. I am sure he will be there often. He is invited to the dedication and gets to sit in the Celestial Room with all the General Authorities, it can't get much better than that. I am so grateful for temples and for the gospel and the teachings. Mark was able to have a really special talk with Rex in the Celestial room about the afterlife and seeing Boykin again. I didn't get any pictures because cameras weren't allowed and by the time the tour was over the boys were fried and wouldn't have posed anyway. But here is a picture of the Twin Falls temple.

I did get some pictures at Grandma's house afterward though. We spent most of the day there and had a great time as always. My mom and I even got to go out and do a little shopping and we had an early birthday party for Dave. Happy Birthday today Dave!!


I have been meaning to blog about the new addition to our family but haven't had a chance. Rex, Sam and I went to the "fish store" the other day and picked up a beta fish. I decided a fish would be a good pet until we can get another dog, plus fish are super low maintenance. Rex picked him out and has been enthralled with him. Unfortunately he has been a little too interested in him and tried to give him a bath. Let's just say the bath resulted in hand soap being poured into the bowl. I wasn't home but Mark quickly took the fish out of the bowl and cleaned everything out. Apparently he was starting to go belly up and Mark had to revive him a bit. I think he is doing ok now, he looked pretty sick for awhile but is perking up and swimming around more. Hopefully he will survive and I won't be posting an obituary in the next couple of days! Poor fish.

5 comments:

lindsey said...

What a great post! I got to go to the Denver Temple for my sister-in-law's sealing this weekend and I was also reminded at how wonderful being in the temple feels. So neat that you got to take those cute boys of yours!

P.S. I laughed so hard about "giving the fish a bath"! So cute!

Lesley-Ann said...

The temple looks lovely, we were at the London Temple on Saturday with Beth doing baptism's. It took us 3 and half hours to get there and 2 and half hours to get home, but it was worth it. She had a wonderful time.

Kim said...

That is such a beautiful temple, I am wondering if it is too late to get tickets I am sure our kids would love it too. Too funny about the fish, glad Mark was able to save him. It was totally fun going out we for sure have to do it again.

JaNece said...

YAY for fish! I'm glad he survived! Beta fish are the best! Our Simon is doing awesome! :)

Ash and Becky said...

Beta fish are very durable...we have gone over a week without feeding them and they still survive!

We are hoping to go to the temple open house this next week. It definitely is a beautiful temple!