Tuesday, May 13, 2008

California Part 4- last one I PROMISE!!

Friday the 9th was Mark and I's 5 year anniversary! We had a pretty lazy day, I did a little shopping because who can resist when you are in Cali! That night Mark's parents were kind enough to babysit so Mark and I could go out. We went to a restaurant on the wharf and sat by a table that looked out on the ocean. It was so beautiful. He got some shrimp and I had the YUMMY Lobster tail. Nothing like fresh seafood! Afterward we drove to where all the shops are and walked around, did some more shopping, and just enjoyed being together. This is what I love about Mark, he is my best friend. There is no one else in the world I would rather cruise around doing not much of anything with! We were going to go to a movie but they were all too late and we were tired so instead we went home and played Settlers of Cataan with John and Lucy and finished the evening with a relaxing soak in the hot tub. It was great and I LOVE YOU Mark! Thanks for an excellent 5 years! Sadly I didn't take any pictures. :(
Saturday we decided to take a little trip up to a Danish town just half an hour from Santa Barbara. It was settled by the Dutch so all the buildings are so cute and there was awesome food! Unfortunately, we didn't plan it so well and it ended up being during nap time so both the boys were ornery and didn't last long. We did get some cute pictures though.


Lucy says she has a picture of Mark when he was little sitting in this same shoe, so of course we had to take one of the boys!



Sunday was spent at church and then the plane ride home.
We had a great time and had so much fun with the family! Thanks for letting us stay at your houses and invade!
I do have to say my favorite part of the trip was watching Rex interact with his family that he rarely sees. He loves family and enjoyed every moment of the trip. He and Emily especially hit it off and became two little peas in a pod. They rarely fought and had hours of fun! I think these pics say it all!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Looks like a most fabulous trip - love all the Part 1, 2, 3, 4s. You guys did a ton of stuff.

Kim said...

I love the pics! I am glad you all had a great time. I could just eat your boys up, they are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Holy jam packed week! Looks like so much fun. I'm glad you're back no one was updating their blogs. BTW I'm jealous that yet another person went to Disney without me :(
I'm glad you had such a good time. Congrats on 5 years!!!

Dinger said...

So, after reading your novel (ha! ha!) it sounds like your trip was a success. I must admit, I am a little jealous, California looks beautiful, sometimes Boise just seems a little boring compared to some of these other cities. Hey, I still love my hair!! Thanks for your help!