Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Projects

First of all I have to show a funny picture of Rex. He is so into rockets, space, hero guys and basically anything boy. Today he was looking at a Rocket book we got at the library. We needed to go run some errands so I told him to go get his shoes out of the front closet so we could go. He came running up to me with these on and said, "Mom look I am wearing Rocket Boots!" Granted it was 70 degrees outside today but how could I say no?

You would think that since Mark has been recovering from surgery that I would keep things quiet around here because I can barely make it through an entire day without a break from my kids, but no, I have been doing projects galore! Saturday Rex and I got out into the garage and repainted an old table we have had forever. I think it was one of Mark's grandma's tables and it used to be a dark wood but it was so scratched and beat up so I finally got around to painting it. I didn't take a before pic, I completely forgot, but I don't really want to remember the before anyway! I love how it turned out. Our dining room table and chairs is next on the list!

Then Monday, the kids and I went outside and tackled the backyard. We pretty much finished it all last year, but we still have a couple of unfinished spots. One that was driving me crazy was in between the sidewalk that leads from the patio to the garage and our house. It was filled with dirt, rocks, trash, cardboard, cement, old sod and nails and gutter scraps. The worst part was Rex would go straight for it when he would go outside, turn the water on it and make a huge mud puddle! I was so tired of it so I got rid of all the crap and leveled all the dirt. Next the kids and I went to Lowe's and picked out a bunch of bushes. I came home and they helped me lay the weed barrier and I got 2 plants in the ground before the downpour came! I finished the rest tonight, all we need to do is fill it with rocks. This is another one I was proud of because it was quite a bit of hard labor! Mark was proud too and happy that he doesn't have to do it!



Now after all that I have to add a quick note about Sam. He is such a talker!! Rex never said this many words at this age, it's crazy how different kids are. Sam literally mimics everything we say and I can't even list how many words he says. Tonight his new one was every time I finished a book, he would go "ah don". It's so stinkin cute and I love that we can communicate so well with him.

4 comments:

Andrea Weaver said...

You are so motivated! Your projects turned out so great and I love the 'rocket boots'! SO cute!

Kellie said...

Nice DIY, the table looks great and so does your yard.

Kim said...

Cute table way to go with all the projects, I bet Mark is liking it too.

The Keetch Family said...

Glad to hear Mark is doing well. Surgery is always a little scary. I don't know how single moms do it. I've had some months of single parenthood with Chad's job and now with 3 kids I don't think I can keep it up. Maybe there will be a change in the Keetch household soon....one where we can have the dad around more:)