Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Boot camp

Abby's headed to boot camp tomorrow! We are going out of town for 8 days on Sunday, so we found a guy up in Payette who will board and train dogs. He specializes in hunting dogs and Abby is too young for that, but he also does basic training as well. He told us he would take her for 10 days while we were gone to start her training! He called tonight and will be here in town tomorrow and is going to pick her up so we don't have to drive all the way to Payette on Saturday. YAY! I am so excited for her to get some real training in because I am tired of the craziness. On the other hand I am going to miss her terribly the next few days! It's not as bad as leaving a kid, but it still is rather nerve racking leaving your dog in the care of a virtual stranger for almost 2 weeks. GOOD LUCK ABBY! Do good so we don't have to send you back any time soon!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hopefully she will do really well and be transformed. Where are you off to? H

Dinger said...

I have been meaning to tell you the cutest story. So, in sharing time the junior primary passed around a ball and when the music stopped the person with the ball got to share a blessing in their life. Rex held onto the ball until the music stopped which I found hilarious. Then he said, I am thankful for my dog Boykin and that he's with Heavenly Father. It was very cute!!

Kelli and Chad said...

I am so glad you found a good place to take her. You will have to let me know how it goes. I bet she will be a different dog, in all the best ways. Have fun on your trip.

Kari Cole said...

When I couldn't catch up to you the other day I figured you were probably headed out of town...we've been gone too, but we're home now. No worries- Abby is in fabulous hands. I know you will be impressed. Call me when you get home and let me know how everything went (both the dog training and your fun trip!!)