Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Star Valley, WY

I was so excited to relive my childhood at Star Valley Ranch for my Carney Family reunion. My Grandpa Rex used to own a cabin in Star Valley when I was young. They built it so I have pictures of when I was probably 3 while they were building the cabin. I think they finally had to sell it when I was a teenager. It was heartbreaking because that cabin held so many great memories. I love Star Valley Ranch! It's gorgeous, there is swimming, golfing, horseback riding and it's close to Jackson hole and white water rafting! Such a perfect place to have a reunion! There was one HUGE cabin that most of the family stayed in, but my brother and his family and our family shared a little cabin since we have little kids. It was a riot! The cabin was shaped like an Octagon and only had one room so the acoustics were similar to the Tabernacle! Mark and I slept in the loft and Ben and Jessica slept downstairs (we put all the kids in the one room). Although we were on different levels, if they said anything it sounded like they were right next to us. The best though were the decorations. Indians and strawberries... interesting combo. We had a great time though. We white water rafted, spent a day in Jackson, swam, tried the famous Star Valley cheese and fudge and just enjoyed each others company. The best was when one night Rex said, "Mom, Star Valley is AMAZING!" I know buddy, I know. We also found out that Sam is deathly afraid of mosquitoes. That's why he is clasping his hands together looking scared in almost all the pictures, poor kid. I took a million pictures but I will just try and show the best ones so it is not overkill! OK, it still is a bit overkill...
Can you spot the deer in this picture, we saw 5 that night including a baby.















3 comments:

Ashley A. said...

I LOVE Star Valley and have been dying to go back! My family actually used to go there every year for reunions, too, when I was a kid. It's funny because Joe and I remember playing at the same park. Who knows--we could have been there at the same time. Those pictures are gorgeous and make me miss it.

Jessica said...

We had a great time. I wish your grandpa still had his cabin.

Andrea Weaver said...

Wyoming is so beautiful! How fun that you got to go back. That's funny that you saw my parents! We are up here until the end of this week and it's such a dream. If you ever come visit Jess I'd love to see you! I'm just around the corner :)