Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sammy Bammy

3 years old! Last week of course! My how the last three year have flown. This boy has been such a blessing in our lives. It all started with a simple, wonderful VBAC birth. Then he was a happy, mellow and relaxed baby. A early talking absolutely gorgeous one year old. A joyful, adorable and adoring two year old.

Then he hit three...

Sometimes I feel like I have a completely different child. It's a good thing he is still as cute as ever! Mark worries that this new change in attitude is permanent, but my mother's intuition tells me that he's just testing and when he gets it out of his system he will be back to his sweet, adorable self. And mother's intuition is always right you know.

We had a party the day after his actual birthday and my sweet Sammy showed his true colors when he exclaimed after ever gift he opened, "I love it! Thank you so much!"

Unfortunately, after the party he had a Dr's visit in which his new temperment was noticed by all! He gave a few stink eyes to the Dr. and really let him know how unhappy he was after he got a shot. Rex however was a perfect angel and adored by all. He even gave the Dr. some candy from Sam's party and made sure it was opened so the Dr. could eat it immediately! I think when we put them in bunkbeds they might have switched personalities in their sleep.

We love you Sam and know that our sweet, adoring boy will return to us again soon!
The last three years have been nothing but joy and I am lucky to be your mom.





4 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Sam. Can you believe he is three, and he is a total cutie.

Jessica said...

Sammy naughty, I just can't believe it!

happy birthday sam boy!!

Dinger said...

Who ever made up the term "terrible two's" had yet to experience the "horrible three's!" So happy Sam had a good day! His good looks make up for any of his naughty-ness!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Awesome cake!