Sunday, March 28, 2010

A testimony

It was fast Sunday today. I totally forgot, thus I did not fast. Rex however was feeling in a spiritual mood I guess and decided he wanted to go up and bear his testimony. I have never talked to him about bearing his testimony in sacrament because I thought he was a little young but also because I wanted him to want to, not because I wanted him to. So when he told me today I had two feelings, one was pride, but that one didn't come immediately. My first thought was uh-oh what's he going to say. Ya see ever since Rex was little he has loved running up to microphones that have been abandoned in church and talking into them really loud. And typically what he has to say isn't spiritual. So when he told me he wanted to go up and bear his testimony, I was scared. I had visions of him going up in front of the entire ward and saying something inappropriate about pooping or something. (He does have Carney blood in him after all)
I told him he could definitely go up there but he had to tell me what he wanted to say first. He thought about it for awhile and then bore a sweet testimony to me about Jesus and seeing him again some day.
Luckily, he stuck with that testimony and shared it with the ward. I was so proud.

3 comments:

lindsey said...

What a great picture! You look fabulous and Rex is as cute as ever.

What a sweet little guy...and I'm totally remembering your idea to have him tell it to you first before he goes up there. That was a brilliant move on your part!

Been thinking about you lots these last few weeks. I hope that you're having more good days than bad!

Amanda Warren said...

Sam wanted to follow in his brother's footsteps and bear his testimony too. It was very cute how he shot up there.

Kelli and Chad said...

I love this picture of the two of you. So cute! Sweet little Rex, you should be proud, he is a great little guy! I wish we lived closer to you, and our boys could hang on a regular basis. I am excited for them to hang out at Roaring Springs though :)