Monday, June 2, 2008

When it rains.....

it pours!!
Just a quick update on the drama in our household right now. Friday night I started getting a really bad backache so I took some Ibuprofen and it went away for a few hours. Well that night I was up every three hours, popping like 3 Ibuprofen and laying on an ice pack because of the extreme pain. This happened a few months ago and it went away after 2 days in bed so I was just expecting that it was a muscle spasm or something. Well all day Saturday it just kept getting worse, I couldn't get out of bed without feeling completely nauseous, light-headed and extreme pain. So, poor Mark who is recovering from surgery and isn't supposed to lift our kids was stuck with the kids all day. Finally Saturday night I really felt like I needed to go to the ER, something just wasn't right. The Ibuprofen didn't seem to be doing anything for the pain and I just wanted to crawl out of my skin. We went in and immediately they were thinking Kidney Stones. They got me on some Morphine, which would help for like 15 minutes and then slowly the pain would come back. I had a Catscan and the Dr. told me it was actually a ovarian cyst called a Teratoma, more like a tumor. So he called my OB, they did an ultrasound and 6 hours later sent me home with meds to manage the pain and instructions to call my OB on Monday. Well, Sunday was the same, luckily neighbors took turns with our kids so Mark could get some rest too. Sunday night I really started feeling crappy and threw up a few times and was bleeding. Called the Dr. he wasn't too concerned and said it's all related but it isn't emergency because the ultrasound showed that the tumor hadn't flipped over my ovary or anything. So today I finally went to my OB and again he doesn't want to remove it yet, although it will need to be removed because he wants me to start feeling better. Also, I guess the ER doc forgot to mention that I had a kidney stone too, so that could be the reason why I am in so much pain and we don't know if I passed it yet or not because I haven't been looking for it since I didn't think that is what is was. I am also quite "backed-up" so he wants to clean me out first and get me feeling better before they do surgery. I would rather they just get the dang thing out, but whatever. So I am on a wait and see mission, still stuck in bed, still feeling like crap. I hope this isn't an indication of our summer to come.

9 comments:

Kim said...

I am so sorry Michelle, it sounds like you guys are having a hard time. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Hope you pass your stone soon if you haven't already.

Kellie said...

OMG that is horrible! That is one rough weekend, I am so sorry. I hope things get taken care of soon and don't envy getting unbacked up part.

Kelli and Chad said...

I heard about your bad luck from Krissy this morning. I am so sorry, I am here to help if you need me. I will call you soon.

Kari Cole said...

That sounds aweful Michelle!! Keep us posted...hope you get to feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I'm so sorry! Again I wish I were closer to help you out. I will call you soon or give me a call if you need a shoulder. Love You!!!!

Dinger said...

I'm still worried about you. Call me if you need anything else. I loved the picture of your rose. I have yet to see one of mine pop out yet, but maybe tomorrow!

Jillian said...

You are a trooper. The things you can endure especially because you are a mommy. Hang in there.

Lesley-Ann said...

You poor thing, Ben told me all about it, not fun. Hope you are soon well enough to have the surgery. Take care of yourself. X

The Keetch Family said...

hey...i am so behind on checking up on blogs and i just read about your ovarian cyst. that is horrible. I'm so sorry. you guys have had such a string of bad luck in the health department. Maybe you're getting it all out of the way! I hope things are going well. I need to read your more recent blogs so I can get more of the update. Know I'm thinking of you and I'll see if I have your number somewhere and give you a call!

love you!

j