Thursday, July 17, 2008

Denver

We got to Denver Sunday night and were making good time until we hit weekend traffic back into Denver about an hour away, that hour took us 2 hours. The kids were fried from the drive but overall did great. We were able to stay with my dad and his new wife Liz in her house. We had a good time and enjoyed spending time with our family in Denver. Tuesday we went into downtown Denver to visit Grandpa at work. He works on the 47th floor of a building and the view was spectacular!! Of course I forgot to take a picture but I did get some cute one of our adventure at lunch.

Grandpa and the boys downtown

Rex and Grandpa in the tunnel above the street

Rex posing in the tunnel

Being silly below the "spiderwebs" as he called them

Wednesday we went to the Aquarium. Rex loved it so much, he just loves fish! He ran through it twice and I had to drag him out of there. Sam was pleased also. We even got to pet some stingrays. I took so many pictures that I had to make a slideshow.


We also saw a deer on the street by my dad's on the way home!

Thursday I met up with a good friend that I grew up with. We were in the same ward almost the whole time I lived in Idaho Falls but I haven't seen her since I graduated. We reconnected through blogging and since she just moved to Denver for the Summer, I thought I would take the opportunity to see her. It was so fun! She took us to a shopping center that had all sorts of fountains that the kids could play in. Lindsey was so good with my kids and they loved her. It was so fun to catch up and connect on shared experiences. Thanks Lindsey!

The boys playing in the fountain

Lindsey and Sam

Rex playing

Here are some pictures of the park in Liz's neighborhood. It was a beautiful view on the foothills of the city. The boys had a great time in Denver! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for the fun week!

Riding a bike!

Rexy boy

Swinging with the view

No comments: