Monday, July 21, 2008

Island Park

Finally I am getting to the final part of out trip! This week has been crazy trying to recover from our trip and trying to get ready for girl's camp tomorrow. I have had no time! After Yellowstone we went to Island Park and stayed for 3 nights at Dave's brother's cabin. It is so beautiful, we love Island Park. Ben and Jessica were there for the first day we were there so the boys got to play again. They were laughing and playing in this picture.



Silly Jack


Sam, what a cutie!!


Rex with a dog on his head


Now Grandpa has to do it!


Mark and I snuggling..... AWWWWW


Mark measuring the moose, he saw more than he has ever seen. They usually hide when he is there!


Me in front of one of the moose we saw, we saw 5 total, 2 just outside the cabin!


Rex in front of a buffalo in West Yellowstone


Rex being goofy with Grandpa's camo


We had a great time! The highlight though was Monday night, after the kids went to bed, Mark and I went fishing together. It was the first time I got to wear the waders and boots Mark bought me last year. We had a great time. It was approaching dusk and the fish were literally going crazy, they were jumping all around us. I have been fly fishing many times but have never been able to actually catch anything. I have had lots of hits but couldn't keep them on. But this time I caught 6 fish!!!!! I was so excited!!!! They were little but it was still awesome. Mark and I had a blast.

On the way home from our trip we stopped in Rexburg to see Emily my friend who I haven't seen since I got married. She and her little Lily were so cute and it was so good to see them! I miss you Em! Rex and Lily hit it off immediately.


4 comments:

The Brownings said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time too! Those boys are getting so big! That bright blue shirt is a good color on you :>

Anonymous said...

Your trip looks so fun! It's always nice to get a way for a while. Have fun at girls camp!

Unknown said...

Seems like you guys are always doing something fun, going on trips and stuff, LUCKY! You have a cute family! Whenever you want to go swimming we are game for it, we go all the time, even if I don't have my sisters key, I still go. ha ha.

Lesley-Ann said...

Looks like you had fun, hope you had a good birthday.