Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sweet prayers



I haven't been posting much lately because I have been a little down and didn't want to depress anyone. But I am doing a bit better so I will try harder again. Here's a bit on the boys.
Sam is so funny and is growing up every day. He learns so much from Rex and I even caught him trying to sing the ABC's today. It went something like this, A,Ba,D,A,Ba,D in the right tune. So cute. He also "tickles" people and is learning to hold his own with his big brother. Before he would let Rex do anything to him but now he fights back! I guess it's good because he has to defend himself but goodness I don't want my little kids wrestling already!
Rex is a sweet guy and always amazes me how much he knows and understands. He was outside playing with the neighbors yesterday who are aged 8-11 and he was leading them in Simon says, and they were following him! He also started rhyming while he was playing, and it even rhymed. He is really into saying prayers right now and this was his prayer Sunday night:
Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you for this day
Thank you that we could go to church
Thank you that mommy is better
Thank you for the daddy Spirit ???????
Thank you for the Spirit
Bless Boykin
Bless that we get a new puppy
Maybe a brown one
In the name of Jesus Christ
AMEN!
Such a sweetheart!

7 comments:

Ashley A. said...

What a sweet prayer! Elizabeth is just now getting to where she will say prayers without us telling her everything and it's fun to hear her.
I'm sorry about all of the hard things your family has been going through but glad to hear that your surgery went well. I hope the recovery goes well, too.

Jessica said...

I love that prayer: what a sweetie! We are so excited for you guys to come and stay!

Megan said...

Glad that you are doing better. So sorry about all that you guys have been through lately. Your boys are beautiful! What a sweet prayer!

Lesley-Ann said...

Sorry you been down but I guess it is inevitable with all you have been through, glad you are on the mend. Have fun with the crazy Carneys :)

Dinger said...

I didn't know you were down, you just need to give me a call and I will cheer you up!!! I loved the prayer. . . I think we talk about jail and bad guys a lot at our house because Zach is always pleading with Heavenly Father to help him not turn into a bad guy so his dad won't have to put him in jail. . . very funny!!

Kellie said...

Oh michelle, we all love your posts and have been missing them, sorry you have been feeling down. I hope you have smiles returning and are feeling better soon. Just hearing Rex's prayer is the sweetest thing.

Chanell said...

I'm glad that you are feeling better. Recovery is the worst and being in bed so much always messes up my bed. Your boys are so cute- let me know when you get your brown puppy and I'll bring the girls by to see him. :)