Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Beach or snow?

So in keeping with the snow theme I have going on, I had to include this cute thing Rex said today. We left to go meet some friends for lunch and there is about 3 new inches of snow outside. It's gorgeous fresh snow that was glistening in the sunshine. Rex kept exclaiming how pretty it was and how much he loved it. I told him I did too especially for Christmas and that I was so excited we were going to have a White Christmas. I then told him that daddy grew up in California where it doesn't snow and so he never had snow for Christmas until he moved to Utah. His response was hilarious. He was truly mortified and said, "that is so sad, poor daddy"! I thought it was hilarious and agreed that it's a good thing daddy married me so that he could live in a place that has snow for Christmas. I had to call Mark and tell him so he told me to tell Rex that even though he didn't have snow, he got to go to the beach on Christmas. I told Rex and asked him which he would like better, snow or beach for Christmas. He said definitely snow. I couldn't help but feel proud, he is definitely MY child!
So what do you think?
Snow

or beach?

7 comments:

Marky Mark said...

Isn't it great to be taken out of context?!? Michelle, I told you to tell Rex that although I didn't grow up with snow, I did get to go to the beach all the time. Who isn't going to ask for a White Christmas? There's no replacing that.
But then, maybe we should ask all the cousins that get to spend their years in sunny California? Rex might lean towards the beach...

The Keetch Family said...

I'll take beach anytime...although we are taking Austin skiing tomorrow which will be so fun.

so I LOVE your christmas card and your new family pictures. you are so beautiful and it's such a great pic of everyone. Rex looks just like you and Sam, just like Marky Mark (glad the nick name lasted!)Have a great Christmas!

lindsey said...

Snow, snow, snow!!!

Anonymous said...

Snow of course! Beach after Christmas:)

Katherine said...

Hmmm. That's a toss up. We have had so much so snow this week that I would almost say beach. On Christmas Day, Snow...Any other day of the year...Beach.
Merry Christmas!
ps. i wouldn't mind going to Hawaii or something one year for xmas when my kids get older though.

Lesley-Ann said...

SNOW, even though we rarely (and I mean rarely) get it in England for Christmas, to me Christmas is cold weather, wrapping up warm, fires and snuggling up and I would really struggle with warm weather at Christmas. My brother and his family moved to Australia earlier this year and my sister-in-law said it was weird going to a carol concert then having a barbeque on the beach!

Dinger said...

Beach!!! Beach!! and more Beach!!!