Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tis the season

for Christmas parties! We had our first Christmas party on Friday night after we picked out our puppy. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling well so I didn't get to enjoy the food as much as I would have. The Featherstone's invited us over for a "couples" party. It was so much fun! One of the biggest blessings I had serving in the YW program was getting to know Anna and seeing what an amazing person she is. I haven't made a very good effort at having her and Matt over so I was so happy she made the effort and we got to spend some time together outside of church stuff. It was a really fun time! She made an excellent dinner, again so disappointed I didn't feel good because it looked amazing. We had fun conversation, a rocking white elephant gift exchange, in which sadly we lost Mark's beloved BYU shirts and a fun game. Anna was also kind enough to let me wrap up in one of her blankets when I discovered I had forgotten to put deodorant on (Seriously, who does that!!) so as not to offend the other guests. We had a great time, THANKS Anna!

Paige, always the life of the party!

Apparently whatever I was saying was interesting, that would be a first...

Could Mark have gotten a better picture of me?

Mark and Brock

Anna and her awesome cake!

4 comments:

Dinger said...

That was such a fun night! Seriously, could Mark have gotten a better picture of me too??? We'll do it again really soon!!

Chanell said...

Thanks for the trucker cd. It has added to the christmas spirit in our home. :)

Brooke said...

Michelle! Your decorations look great and I'm so excited for your new family dog! Post pictures of your boys cute faces when they meet her. :)

Teagan said...

how fun!!

ps-Love the decorations... its so fun this time of year... you find yourself loving your house, but only to realize after the holiday that it was just your decorations that created the homey warmth... I am thinking i want to keep my christmas tree up until Feb...HA HA-you think I can get away with that?!!:)