Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My big 4 year old

Rex is 4 years old today. He is getting so big. Today in the car on the way to Preschool, he kept saying, "Michelle". I ignored him, as I do when he says my name because I only answer to Mommy with my kids. So finally he says, "Mom, I am all grown up now, so I can call you Michelle". I had to lovingly explain that ABSOLUTELY NOT, he will never be too old to call me mom. Rex is such a fun boy and makes me laugh. His imagination is hilarious and he is so smart. He is really into letters and wants to read so bad. His teacher told me the other day one of the kids made a mess and Rex goes, "Mess, M-E-S, MESS!" I have no idea how he figured that out, because I have never taught him that. He asks for a dog every day and loves playing with friends. He always wants to be where I am and although some days it drives me crazy, I love that he likes to be near me.
Happy Birthday Buddy! I LOVE YOU!

His Ironman cake

I like how he is smiling in the background of this one!


My cute boy


9 comments:

Jessica said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Rex. You are right he is so smart and definatly a ton a fun. We love you:)

Dinger said...

We had fun last night! Your cake was awesome! Happy Birthday Mr. Rex!

Kellie said...

did you make that awesome cake?! Go MIchelle!

Kelli and Chad said...

Happy Birthday to Rex!! That is amazing about him spelling, he is so smart, seriously. Looks like you guys have been having tons of fun. I LOVE the color in your kitchen......go you!

Teagan said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY REX!!! You such a big boy!! We can't wait to see you next!!
Love you and your family!

ps-thats for your sweet words but I am the Lucky one!:)

Teagan said...

oops- "THANKS for...."

The Brownings said...

Happy Bday Rex!!!!!

XOXO

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Rex, love your cake it turned out awesome. Sorry your family night didn't work out as planned.

Kim said...

Hope he had a good one. Just to clarify and I feel so bad I totally would not have brought our kids If I knew that Madie was going to have pink eye the next day. Landon had been on treatment for days so I wasn't worried about him. Just no I am so sorry and I truly hope you don't get pink eye for Christmas.