Thursday, December 18, 2008

Chocolate and Santa

Let's start this off by saying, Rex had a rough day at Preschool today. Maybe it's all the excitement he has had this week, maybe he is sad to not be going back for a few weeks. Who knows? What I do know is that I got a call from his teacher asking me to come pick him up because he spit water from the drinking fountain on two girls. Awesome. She was really sweet about it and felt bad, but wanted him to have a natural consequence for being mean to friends at school, being that he has to leave school. I totally agreed with her and it seems the point was driven home because he was quite upset about the whole thing. Let's hope he was upset enough not to do it again. After he got home he got into some chocolate and a few minutes later I looked up and saw this:

I guess he was trying to look into the chocolate? IDK, but his chocolate black eyes cracked me up and all his naughtiness was forgotten. For the moment...

We decided to attempt to see Santa again this evening, so after bundling the kids up and making sure we had the stroller this time, we headed out. We had to stand in line for awhile, but the kids seemed very excited. Even Sam couldn't wait to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas. When we got to Santa, this is what happened:

We were cracking up. Here is the video of it, full of fun and laughter, and yes a few shots of my garments. Woops. And Sam insisted on keeping his hat on for the picture.

3 comments:

Ryan and Angela said...

That video is so great that I am busting up laughing as I sit all alone in my kitchen on the laptop. Sam is so cute.

Unknown said...

So funny! That santa is a little scary if you ask me! and what is up with him giving out coloring books????? candy canes are a tradition! Glad you got that on video!

Dinger said...

Santa seems a little stand-offish!! I would want to get off of his lap too! Silly Rex, he does look like he's been in some sort of fight!!