Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve

This is my first post chronicaling our Christmas holiday. Christmas eve was great. I was a little concerned this year because we weren't going anywhere and we didn't have any family coming, so I was afraid it was going to be boring and not feel as Christmasy. It was so nice though. Not that we don't like being with family, but it was nice to do our own traditions and be relaxed and quiet. It's much easier to feel the Spirit of Christ and focus on him. We had tamales on Christmas eve, a tradition I learned on my mission. The hispanics in my mission always had tamales on Christmas or Christmas eve, so I have decided to keep with it. The boys loved them and gobbled them down. One year I may actually try to make them, but that is an all day effort, so I just bought some and heated them here at home.

We then finished up our cookies for Santa. Santa was lucky this year, they were YUMMY!

Then we got the kids all bathed and in their Christmas PJ's and read the Twas the night before Christmas and watched a Christmas movie.

Right before they went to bed, we read the Bible story and dressed up. Rex was an angel, I was Mary, Sam was baby Jesus and Mark was a shepard. I know we didn't get too creative with the costumes, but the kids loved it and Rex seemed to really grasp what Christmas is about.

Then after the kids were snuggled all tight in their bed, Mark went and picked up our new addition! She is so cute!

We didn't get a whole lot of sleep that night with a whiny puppy but she is worth it.

2 comments:

lindsey said...

The new puppy is so cute! And your boys look adorable in their Christmas P.J.s!

Lesley-Ann said...

What a gorgeous puppy if only they stayed that little!