Monday, December 15, 2008

FHE in the ER

The Er seems to be our favorite place the last 2 years. Not sure exactly why. Maybe it just comes with having kids, or maybe we are just having a bit of bad luck in that department lately. Who knows. All I know is I wasn't planning on spending FHE there!
Mark got home early tonight and we took the kids to the mall to eat, do a little shopping and most importantly see Santa. Rex was so excited to see him so he can tell him he wants a dog and a Lego set for Christmas. Well we had only gotten about 15 feet into the mall when Rex walked right in front of me, stopped and bent over to get something off the ground. Well of course I didn't see him because I had been talking to Mark, plus I was carrying Sam. So before I know it I am falling over Rex, trying desperately to protect Sam, but to no avail. So Sam went head first onto the hard mall floor, while I smashed Rex's forehead into the floor when I fell on him. So there we are, 3 of us on the floor, 2 of us screaming and Mark and I wondering what the heck just happened. Some nice stylists from Trade Secret came out and gave us some cold towels to put on the boys heads, but they were pretty inconsolable and had some HUGE goose eggs on their foreheads. Sam's was particularly disturbing looking, scratched and covering half his forehead. We sat down on the bench for a minute, trying to calm them down, while the security guys asked us what happened and if we needed an ambulance. I thought they would be ok, after all I am used to goose eggs with 2 kids, but Sam would not stop crying and he kept giving his hand to me and saying, "Owie!" I finally noticed his pinky finger was red and starting to swell. We thought it might be broken so we headed to the ER. The boys of course screamed the whole way. Once we got to the hospital, they calmed down and even were laughing and having fun. Mostly because the nurses there were great. They had bubbles and stickers and books for them to look at and they got to wear these cool hospital gowns and get wrapped up in warm towels. The Dr. said that their heads were fine, no skull fractures or anything, and although Sam's finger wasn't too worrisome, they decided to get x-rays of it to make sure. Sure enough, it's just a sprain. So after about an hour we got to finally go get dinner at McDonald's and call it a night. So, how could I have made this experience in to a spiritual lesson? Any ideas? Maybe have a prayer before you go out for Family night!



3 comments:

Jessica said...

youch! at least everyone is OK.

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about your bad luck at the mall and that you spent FHE at the hospital, no fun. I'm just glad that everyone was alright!!!

Lesley-Ann said...

Sorry no ideas, but I bet your kids are glad that their Mum is nice and slim, otherwise you could have done alot more damage!