Wednesday, March 26, 2008

7 random things

I have been tagged twice and I think they were both pretty similar, something about random things about myself. This has taken some thought but here ya go.

1. I have a major fear of death. Not necessarily of me dying because I have a testimony of the plan of salvation and what the other side will be like, but of my husband or kids dying, or of me dying and leaving them on their own. So basically of being left on earth without my loved ones, or leaving my boys without a mother. Sometimes when Mark goes out of town, I have a little anxiety attack and make him PROMISE that he won't die. Like he is really in control of that!

2. I met a bunch of women online through a parenting website and developed some friendships, so we created a Yahoo Group so that we can chat about parenting issues. It is nice to vent about life sometimes with others who are also parents but that may have different ideas then you. We are quite a diverse group of ladies. We have an Evangelical Christian, 23 year old, a couple of Canadians, an inactive Mormon, a woman with Cerebral Palsy, a woman who's husband has been in Iraq for over a year, and a woman who is 43 and just found out she is unexpectedly pregnant with her 5th child! I have even talked to a few on the phone. I have learned some great things from these women about parenting, and I have also had the opportunity to share my testimony and clear up many misconceptions about the gospel. The only negative is that between that group and this blog, I spend WAY to much time on the computer!!

3. I am the Young Women's 2nd Counselor, so I am over the Beehives. This has been my favorite calling so far! It is so much work, but is so very rewarding. The random thing about this is that I never received my Young Womanhood Medallion. :( I was such a lazy, ornery teenager and I didn't gain a full testimony of the gospel until after I left home. (My old Young Women's President reads this blog so SORRY Sister Merrill for being such a PITA Young woman!!) I am just happy that I have this second chance to earn my medallion! (and it's much easier as a leader! ;))

4. I am a bathaholic! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my baths! I take one almost every day.

5. I just asked Mark what most people wouldn't know about me and he said that I was lazy! RUDE! The thing is he is correct. I am extreme, I am either super productive or completely lazy! I can't stand a dirty house so I get on these cleaning kicks where I scrub everything, but I also get on these lazy kicks where I literally don't do a thing, which is usually followed by a bath!

6. The other thing he said is that I have expensive taste. That is such a man thing to say! I am a major cheapo on some things but I admit I do have expensive taste on some things. The thing I splurge the most on are my jeans. I LOVE designer jeans so I save up so instead of 2 or 3 pairs I buy one REALLY nice pair. The nice thing is I usually love them and they last for years.

7. Finally, some of you may know this but I am an animal lover. Before I had kids, animals were my passion and my dog Boykin was my first child. He used to get one or two walks a day and a visit to the dog park, but unfortunately he has been bumped to the bottom of the totem pole since the kids came. Poor dog. I used to also watch Animal Planet daily. I even found a stray dog on my mission and kept it overnight until I could find it a good home, even though it was against the mission rules. (woops) I named him Moriancumer! :)

I tag whoever wants to be tagged!

8 comments:

Teagan said...

(ok for real...road trips are NOT as fun... hopefully they get better as the kids get older- right????)

I love being in the Young Womens too. Its a great calling!

and lastly I can't agree with you more... I am the same way...I am either "super productive or completely lazy" HA!

Lesley-Ann said...

I read this blog and some of your points could have been written about me, 1,4,6 & 7 oh my goodness. I was surprised by number 4 as most American's that I know love their showers and rarely take baths. Where as here in good old England it's so cold much of the time we have bath's to warm up, well I do every day and some times twice a day! I rarely shower unless is very hot (that isn’t too often) or I’m in a mad rush. The best is a bath with aromatherapy oils and lots of candles.

Stephanie said...

yay! I knew you'd have interesting things! i'm intrigued by the online parenting group.

Anonymous said...

I take a bath every day to and Steve thinks I'm weird. Good luck on your medallion! I don't know if you remeber but you helped me earn mine in high school. You helped me with the homeless shelter!

Froska said...

I am so with ya on that death thing. Growing up I always had a fear that my mom would die. Now it's my husband. I thought I was crazy when I made Jess promise he wouldn't die when we would leave each other. I am so glad to know I am not the only one doing this, I love you!
Jessie thinks you are way cool and he said, you should call her every day she seems so cool. He thinks it's great that I am back in touch with old friends. I am so happy to be! I really miss you! We should plan a little reunion this summer. Oh and your little boys easter outfits are way cute!

Jill said...

Hey-talk about random comment! (This is Rachel's sister by the way!) I LOVE your background! I need to change mine, but don't know how to do the scrapbook look. Any tips? My e-mail address is:
jilltaft@hotmail.com or blog is taftfamily.blogspot

Your boys are so cute. And Rachel says Hi. :)

Thanks!

Jill

sandy said...

hey girl friend - it is never too late to get that medallion. they are prettier now. i have two and they asked me if i wanted to do it again and i said, no. i am too lazy now. you will be a wonderful yw leader and you can tell them how much you should of gotten it. ha ha love ya

Jillian said...

I learned so much about you- I love the tags even though they are hard to come up with things. I am in YW too and it is so much fun- I am stuck between feeling like one of the girls and a leader.