Monday, March 10, 2008

Potty trained!!!!

You guys have all heard me whine about Rex not wanting to be potty trained. I swear I have been trying off and on for a year to do this. Finally I gave him a break and then I came up with a potty chart that has stickers for everytime he goes in the potty and then a prize at the end of the week if he gets enough stickers. He really took to it and has done great! He hasn't had an accident in over 2 days now and we even have been able to go out places without an accident!! He doesn't ask for his diaper anymore which is huge! I am so excited and had to share the good news. Here's his chart!

He got the first toy yesterday and was so proud of it because he earned it all on his own! He even had to sleep with it!
We had a busy weekend. It was VeAnne's birthday so I took her to lunch on Saturday and then Sunday they had people over for dessert. It was really fun! I really love VeAnne and am so grateful to have such a great neighbor and friend! Here is us!

Here are some pics of the party.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

YAY FOR REX!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna try that potty chart....if I ever get around to potty training Noah. HAHA.

Anonymous said...

Good Job Reex, and yay for you. Love the potty chart!

Anonymous said...

oops not Reex but Rex! Sorry!

Kellie said...

That's a pretty exciting feat!

Ashley A. said...

Yay for Rex! I've heard of a lot of people that have had success with potty charts. Yours looks great.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith said...

Hey Michelle! I am glad you found me! Definately add me to your blog and I will do the same! :) Did you talk Mandy into starting a blog or does she have one?

The Keetch Family said...

yeah for Rex! It's amazing how much will a 3 year old can have and so nice when they finally bend your way.