Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bring on Spring!

We have had a very chilly, rainy week this week. So when we woke up and the sun was shining we were excited! To top it off, it just kept getting warmer and warmer! We spent most of the afternoon outside doing yard work and playing baseball. ViAnne and I went to Costco this morning and bought some rose bushes to brighten up the front of our houses. The two kinds I got were the Betty Boop and the John F. Kennedy!
Betty Boop

John F. Kennedy

They had one called the Sexy Rexy and I almost got it just so we could have a plant named after Rex, but I liked these ones better so I didn't. That would have been funny though!!
ViAnne and I planted them this afternoon. I am excited for them to start blooming! Mark isn't as excited about having roses, he thinks they are a pain in the rear. I told him he doesn't have to take care of them so he doesn't need to worry about it!
Rex had a great time playing outside with all the neighbor kids and daddy. Sam loved being outside also, he just crawled around our porch the whole time. Mark got a cute picture of him.

We are so excited for Spring to come! Please come quickly!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

SO JEALOUS of your good weather! We've had snow all weekend. Post pictures when your rose bushes bloom!

Shay said...

Love the roses! You totally should have got the Sexy Rexy ones! Can't wait for spring to come...it seems to have you hit earlier than us.

Kellie said...

Fun planting, those will look great, and that pic of Sam by the door is so cute. ( You have a very clean front porch!)

The Keetch Family said...

I can't wait to see spring flowers. I was looking through Amelia's newborn pics the other day and there were some outside. It was August so everything was in full bloom in our backyard and I was so suprised at how beautiful our backyard is. I forgot the drastic transformation from brown and dead to green and beautiful!

I love the color of your house and front door. I bet your house is so cute!

Megan said...

JEALOUS!!! Everything is still just brown and dead here. I can't wait to start planting. Adorable picture of Sam!