Monday, June 23, 2008

Recovering

The surgery went well. He ended up having to open me up and remove my whole ovary with the tumor. Apparently when he put the camera in it was a mess in there. The cyst had semi-tortioned over the ovary a couple of times, which would explain the pain, and so there was a lot of gunk and dried blood around the ovary. Unfortunately this means my recovery will be a little longer. My mom leaves tomorrow so I am a bit freaked out about that. I just can't imagine being able to pick up Sam yet. I don't want to bust open any wounds. Funny story about my surgery. The nurse and the nurse anethesist came to get me to wheel me to the operating room. I didn't have glasses or contacts in so I couldn't see anything. Somehow they asked me where I was from and I said Idaho Falls, the nurse said, "so am I!" She then asked what school and year I graduated and low and behold we graduated together. It was Cory Tremayne, she was on the gymnastics team with me. Small world. We were talking and then next thing I know I was waking up from surgery. I still don't remember what we were talking about! The boys have been having a good time with Grandma. Sam learned how to say Grandma right before my mom came so that's been cute to watch, my mom loves it! Today they were a bit ornery I think they are tired of having a weird routine. I just want to get back to normal and move on with the summer. Here are some pictures. The boys were fried and ready for bed so they don't look so happy.
I'll miss this!

Celebrating Pete's birthday

Grandma and Sam

Grandma and the boys

11 comments:

Lesley-Ann said...

Good to hear all went well with your surgery, we have been thinking and praying for you. Be careful not to do too much, it's early days, but I know that is easier said then done :(

Jessica said...

I am so glad eveything went well. I hope that your recovery goes well, we will keep you in our prayers.

Shay said...

So glad to hear that you are recovering well and that your mom has been there to help out! You are Mark don't need anymore health problems...you have had plenty! I hope you can enjoy the rest of the summer. Best wishes!

Tangi said...

michelle...I am sorry to hear that you had to have surgery. that is never fun. I hope your recovery goes well and you have no more pains.

Megan said...

Glad to hear that your surgery went well. You're so lucky to have your mom come and help you. Take it easy!

Kim said...

Glad the surgery went well, I am sorry your recovery will be longer, for sure call me if you need me.

The Compton Family said...

Michelle, I am glad to hear that your surgery was good. I am sorry for all of your worries lately. I hope you guys can get back on track and start having a better summer. -Nicole

Daisymay said...

Hey Michelle,

I have commented a few times to your blog but never heard back so I dont know that you have noticed. This is Aunt Michelle Browning. I am soooooo sorry you had to go thru this!!!!!!!!! I too, had that all happen and YES it is PAINFUL!!!!!!!! I hate that you ever felt stupid in front of some dumb people who may have not understood. Your pain is yours and NOONE else KNOWS. Believe me I KNOW. Sorry you had to do this with 2 small children but if it means anything, I UNDERSTAND how hard it is. Good luck.

Kelli and Chad said...

Hey Michelle, I am glad you are recovering. It sounds painful, let me know if I can help you with your kids, or anything!

Froska said...

OH my goodness girl. You life is crazy, but I am so so glad to know everything went well. Do you need anything? Thats so sweet of your mom to come help. She's wonderful. I need to come see you. Call me when you get feeling better. Love ya!

sandy said...

I am so happy to hear things went well with your surgery. take it easy so you can fully recouperate. Love ya