Monday, January 12, 2009

Lately my life can be summed up in one word: Pee

I hate the smell of pee. I have a very sensitive nose and pee is one of those smells that makes my stomach turn. Lately, I feel like all I do is clean up pee. I change massive, pee filled diapers on Sam. I clean the bathroom daily because my 4 year old doesn't pay attention when he pees and ends up peeing on the toilet, the floor and even himself sometimes. Now I have a puppy and anyone who has had a puppy knows that potty training is hard and accidents are bound to happen. Abby is doing pretty well, but I still find myself cleaning up pee multiple times a day. I am getting obsessed about smelling pee, I find myself smelling it in places where I know it isn't possible. I notice that I am constantly down on the carpet sniffing, to make sure I haven't missed anything. I walk in the house after running errands and immediately sniff to see if I detect any odor. I notice a wet spot on the couch and immediately freak out thinking the dog peed, only to find out Rex spilled water. I am tired of PEE!!!!!!!!!!!! The sad thing is, knowing that we aren't done having kids yet, cleaning up pee is probably something I will be doing for a long time. There is no end in sight.
THESE

PLUS THIS

EQUAL LOTS OF THIS

5 comments:

Kim said...

I am totally laughing, I hear you cleaning up after little bums is a very unpleasent part of being a mom, it's also one reason we don't have any pets.,

Jessica said...

I hate pee too. You are a brave woman having a dog and young kids at the same time. But look at it this way- you get all the pee all at once and then when your kids and dog is older you will experience a "pee" draught- Ahh, wont that be delighful.

Michelle said...

Unfortunately Jess, I have realized since having a pottytrained child, I doubt I will ever have a "pee" drought until my boys leave home. Boys stand to pee, and amazingly seem to not care about aim too much. Or maybe it's just mine...

Jessarella said...

That is so funny. I remember when we were potty training Mali...She would stick her head out the doggy door and pee on my carpet inside. I hate the smell of pee too. Jasons friend was a carpet cleaner and cleaned my floors at least once a month when Morgan was a puppy. No amount of febreeze or candles can cover up the pee odor. It just ends up smelling line pine needles and pee.

Dinger said...

I know I should feel bad for you, but come to think of it, my life could be summed in one word too. . .POO!! Good luck!!