Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My kids





Now that I am feeling really overexposed after my last post, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to post about my kids! We are really starting to work on teaching them the gospel, now that Rex is really starting to comprehend things. The boys and I went to McDonald's the other night because Mark had to work late. On the way we passed the LDS church we pass almost every day. Sam calls it the temple. I always explain that no it is a church so he calls it a temple church. Since we were going to have a FHE on the angel Moroni later that night, I used this opportunity to explain that on temples there is a statue on the steeple and on church's there isn't. I told them that Moroni was a prophet in the Book of Mormon. I asked Rex if he knew any other prophets. After thinking for a minute he said, "Joseph Smith!" I was impressed and asked him how he knew that and this is what he said, "Jesus told me". So sweet and so simple.
My good friend just happens to be the music leader for Jr. Primary and nursery. Rex loves to be involved in the music, but he doesn't sing. Sam on the other hand LOVES to sing! When she walks into nursery he says, "Hi, Paige!" She said he always sings and even held her hand for part of the time on Sunday. I love my boys and I love the gospel and am so grateful that they love it as well.
And this post is like one huge run-on sentence! Sorry about that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your boys are the cutest. Rex is way to smart. Wish I could spend more time with these handsome little guys! And of course you to!