Wednesday, January 13, 2010

CTR

On Monday night we talked about Choosing The Right. Since I teach a CTR class and Rex is in CTR 5 I thought it was a good topic to cover, plus I could use something I had prepared for my lesson on Sunday. Well Sam has really taken it to heart. Ever since then, every time he does something that he thinks is a good choice (washing his hands, letting the dog in, playing nicely with Rex) he loudly exclaims: "I am choosing the right!" It's pretty stinking cute and I am amazed that he has grasped the concept at such a young age.

Rex wanted to know something and I wasn't sure the answer the other day so he said, "Go to the dot com and look it up" Mark and I just about died laughing. Apparently the dot com is his name for the internet! He also earned a Lego Star Wars kit today. He had a bunch of money saved up from loosing teeth and past chores and he has been working hard on chores all week. He even helped me unload the dishwasher today. Since Lego Star Wars are super expensive I told him if he earned half of it ($15) I would buy the other half. Sure enough he did (well maybe a $1 or 2 off, but close enough!) and he has not stopped playing with it since. That kid is obsessed. Mark loves it.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Maybe Sam can come over and teach Landon about choosing the Right, Landon is being a total pill. Way to go Rex, he mentioned his Lego's today in the car on the ride home. Thanks for the nursing heads up I went ahead and bought one, it will be good to have two.

Dinger said...

That picture of Sam is so, so cute! I can just picture him telling you that he is choosing the right! Rex and Zach seriously love the same things. Maybe Rex would want to come over sometime. It is hard to believe that Rex and Jack will be in together in school next year, because Rex and Zach seem so much closer in age to me.

Kelli and Chad said...

Your boys are so dang cute. It is funny how they are so different too. But they are equally just as funny :)

Jessarella said...

That picture of Sam is to die for! I swear Joss makes that exact expression!