Friday, January 8, 2010

My boys

I decided my boys needed some face time on the blog so here we go.
Rex can be a handful, but he can also be the sweetest thing ever as well. He's kinda got the Jekyll and Hyde moods down. I can't blame anyone but myself because I am the exact same way. Today I just felt I needed to tell him how proud I was of him. It seems like I am always getting on him for things he is doing wrong, but rarely for things he does right. He wasn't really doing anything in particular, just being good and helpful. He was quite shocked when I told him and asked me why. I had to tell him just because he is him and he is such a good boy. He couldn't stop grinning. I realized I need to do this more often. Positive attention is much better for both of us than negative attention.
Rex said the sweetest/funniest thing tonight. He is quite obsessed with me lately and has a bit of the Oedipus complex going on right now. If I didn't know it was totally normal (thank you UofU Child Development courses!), it might freak me out a bit because he tells me all the time he wants to marry me! Well tonight he told me that he thinks Cinderella is the most beautiful princess. He then says, "but you are the most beautifulest mommy, even more than Cinderella!" I would have done anything for that kid tonight, totally melted my heart!
Since Rex got his Lego Star Wars game he is obsessed with Star Wars. Mark decided he should watch the originals so we have been doing that last weekend and this weekend. Sam isn't so interested and is a little young so he just runs around and plays while we watch. Tonight he wanted to get in on the action as well though and this was what he did over and over again while we were watching Star Wars.

1 comment:

The Compton Family said...

Ok...our boys are so similar! i know they have the same birthday and everything, but they do the exact same things. LOVES star wars...is obsessed actually (I think I played Star Wars Legos with him for an hour today), and has a little bit of mommy love going on. He is always wanting to give me "Mary Jane" kisses, and I have to tell him that those are only for mommy's and daddy's. Thanks for sharing. Makes me think that everything at my house is normal. One day we will have to get those two together. We may be in Boise Wednesday-Friday next week.