Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Marriage...

it's what brings up together today. Sorry couldn't resist.
I have to write this down because it is so funny. Rex is obsessed with marriage but I think he is finally figuring out that he can't marry me.
Today while we were in the car we passed a graveyard and he got on the subject of death (another thing that interests him). He tells me that when he has kids I will die. I think he is trying to figure out life span and how old we are when we die. I told him that hopefully not. Hopefully I will get to know his kids since they are my grandkids. So then this was our conversation:
Rex-"Mom, will you help me find a girl to get married to?"
me- "Sure, when you are old enough, but you have to be at least 21."
Rex- "Ok, but will you help me find a girl so I can marry her and then we can have kids."
me- "I sure will buddy"

Now I am wishing I recorded that so that I have it on record for when he is older and won't want my advice on girls!
And no he doesn't know how babies are made. Thank goodness.

He and Sam then proceeded to fight on who got to marry our neighbor girl who just moved. It was intense.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love it! Rex is too funny:)

Miranda said...

Hey Michelle,

Jessica told me about your blog. I'm excited to read all about your funny kids. These stories are so cute!