Friday, January 1, 2010

Our laid back New Year's

We didn't do a whole lot this New Year's, in fact I stayed in my pajamas all day. (that is why there will be no pictures of me. You're welcome.) We received our white Christmas a week late and there was no way I was going out in that mess with drunk people on the roads. Combine that with Sam having a nasty cold and we decided to stay in this year. It was really nice and relaxing. I always feel like I have to do something for New Year's Eve. I think it goes back to high school when if you had no plans for New Year's, you were a loser. I thoroughly enjoyed being a loser this year. Here's what our day consisted of:
We started off the morning with the boys and I watching Snow White and building Lego's. Snow White was Sam's idea. Lego's were Rex. Besides the scary witch/queen the boys loved the movie. Then in the afternoon after Sam took a little nap he laid in my bed and watched the Little Rascals because he didn't feel good. That and his mom was tired of his whining. :)

Rex spent much of the late afternoon/evening playing Lego Star Wars. He is amazingly good at this game.

When Mark came home he joined him. They kicked some Storm trooper rear while I made Lentil and Sausage soup. (which I later learned means you are hoping for money for the New Year in some other country. Apparently my subconscious knew something I didn't)

I also cleaned the house so I could admire my new curtains that I HAD to buy to go with the new mantel. You can't have a dirty house with new curtains.

All the while it snowed outside...

Sam and I amazingly had the same craving for homemade oreo cookies. Luckily I had all the ingredients.

Sam then decided to bring out the old year by dropping trough and pooping on my bedroom floor. Way to go buddy. Another thing I thought I would spare you by not taking a picture of.
After that the kids were forced to take a bath and went to bed at the crazy hour of 8:30. My kids are partiers I tell ya!
After the kids went to bed Mark and I got a little crazy with some Martinelli's.

We ended the night by watching Wild Hogs and then the ball drop. Out cold by 12:30.

3 comments:

Dinger said...

You are such a dork. Rex and Zach would get along great. We now own: Batman lego, Indiana Jones lego and Star Wars Lego, Zach would love a buddy who would play Lego anything with him. Glad you had a relaxing day. We did just about the same.

Kim said...

We to had a pretty laid back New Years, in some ways I think it is a lot more fun than going out, but what do I know I haven't done that for years. Glad you had a good one, are you ready for the old routine to start again on Monday?

Ryan and Angela said...

Yeah, we missed partying with you guys this year. I told Ryan all I wanted to do was be lazy. So we had a similar evening. At least, a lot more low key than normal. I sure enjoyed it. Maybe next year we will be party animals again. Then again...