Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Decorating

My house is a slow project. After living in rental's for almost 4 years, I didn't have really any nice stuff when we moved into our house. So I have had to start from scratch. I am picky and know what I like, however we don't have the money to decorate an entire house at once according to my tastes, so decorating has been a slow process....
the worst has been the Family room because I have had no idea what to do with it, and it's the room that everyone that comes over sees. Well I finally have a plan and so maybe by next year it will be all finished! I was excited and had to take a picture though because I did finish one of the huge blank walls and I think it turned out pretty cute. What do you guys think? (ignore the dirty diapers on the floor! Woops!)

Now I only have 1 other big huge blank wall I need to work on. I know exactly what I want there, an entertainment center. I found one I absolutely LOVE!!!! Here's a picture.

Now I just have to convince Mark. So all of you that know or see Mark or happen to have his email address. A little friendly nudges and reminders of what a great wife he has would be appreciated in order to accomplish this goal!!! :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY CREATIVE! Is that a curtain rod?

Shay said...

I love the family wall...what a cute idea! Hope you get the entertainment center! It's awesome! Where did you find it at?

Andrea Weaver said...

You did a great job! Love it. It was so fun to get your Christmas card. You have such a darling family. Do you and Stephanie ever get together with your boys??

Andrea Weaver said...

I love your background and blog design. How do you do it??

Kellie said...

very cute, love the hanging frames with ribbon. That entertainment center you are looking at is awesome. It does suck buying things one at a time for the house, it's a fun process though picking stuff out.

Teagan said...

I love what your doing.. isnt it fun when things finally come together. Love the entertainment center... MARK... You SHOULD GET IT!!:)
you could check out "Bramble" webpage... I love their furniture... thats where we got our table,chairs, and entertainment center. We love it.
ps- I know what if is with the NO clothes... I dress Charlotte and then 2 minutes later...she's NAKED. HA she cracks me up!

Kim said...

I have the same decorating dilema, too many wants and not enough funds. Have you been to the Spear's house that is the entertainment center they have, so if you want to see it living color you should call her. Your wall turned out really cute.

Ryan and Angela said...

Your family wall turned out great. And you will never guess what we have smack dab in the middle of our family room. That's right. It's that exact same entertainment center. Funny, eh?

Tangi said...

hey...it had been quite awhile and I totally forgot to send you my address, I would have loved a christmas card. Send me yours and I will get you guys next year. Your house looks great! I still don't have enough stuff to decorate our house.

Andrea said...

Love your family wall, need to come see it person. Happy to be able to check your blog. I will probably be calling you for more blog questions!!