Friday, January 4, 2008

Root Canal, Calender and Reading

Wow that's a random title huh! Well, I have a few random things to post about. Today I finally went to the dentist for a tooth that has been bothering me because we now have Dental Insurance starting January 1st. If any of you know me very well, you would know that I have been very lucky in the teeth department. I have straight teeth, with all of them including my wisdom teeth. I have never had braces, and the only dental procedure I have had done besides cleanings was one cavity when I was a teenager. So I was pretty nervous because I knew with the pain I was having that something was wrong. Well I got my first root canal. It actually wasn't too bad, just yucky tasting and a little achy now. Other than that no big deal, but don't tell Mark! I am milking this for all it's worth! :)
Mark's parents were so kind and got me some software (with Mark's help of course) for Christmas. So now I have Photoshop and I am really getting into this digital scrapbooking stuff. It's pretty fun, although there is quite a learner's curve with Photoshop. I love having a Calender on the fridge as a quick reference but a full 12 page Calender is a little bulky. I found a cute digital one online that I can do month by month and personalize it with our pictures. It's so cute! January is cute, but I didn't get the right size ordered to it cut off the bottom and the top, but still cute and at least I know for next time. Costco printed 10x12 pages for $2.98. What a deal! Here's a pic.

Lastly, Sam is just starting to get interested in books so when we went to the library yesterday I checked some out for him too. I was busy doing something and came into the family room to find this.

So Precious!

3 comments:

Jessarella said...

Oh that is such a cute picture of Sam. You're crazy if you think root canals don't hurt! I had to have 3 on the same tooth once while I was pregnant no less. But good job on milking it to Mark anyway!
Way cute calender idea.

JaNece said...

CUTE calendar! I love it and how cute of Sam! I love this age. They are soaking up so much and are just so darn cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the calendar! I hate people that don't ever have to get fillings. hey did you say you have a friend that does vinyl lettering?